General Liability Insurance
General Liability Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
General Liability Insurance Information
SERVING THE CHARLOTTE, CONCORD, KANNAPOLIS, MONROE AND SALISBURY, NC AREAS
These days, even the smallest of mishaps can result in large lawsuits. That’s why all of us at Patriot Insurance Agencies of North Carolina take your protection seriously.
No matter how safe you try to make your business, accidents are inevitable. For those instances where a minor mishap turns into a lawsuit, an insurance policy can help protect your business.
With general liability insurance in NC, business owners are able to protect themselves from potential threats.
General liability, also known as “commercial liability insurance” is a broad commercial insurance policy that covers general liability exposures of a business.
Coverage typically includes product Patriot Insurance Agencies recommends that all businesses have general liability coverage in place.
Take a look at the list below for additional general liability coverages that are often available.
Professional Liability Insurance (Errors & Ommissions)
Errors & Omissions (E&O) covers professionals for negligence and errors or omissions that injure their clients or cause damage to a third party’s data. This type of insurance is particularly important to licensed professionals such as accountants, attorneys, insurance agents, architects, engineers and technology companies. Patriot Insurance Agencies recommends that all professional and technology companies have E&O coverage.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
Employment Practices Liability Insurance for employers covers employment-related liabilities other than on-the-job injuries. This can include legal fees and damages for suits such as wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment, and other alleged violations of employees’ legal rights. If you have employees, Patriot Insurance Agencies recommends considering this type of coverage.
Directors and Officers Insurance (D&O)
D&O covers directors and officers of a company for negligent acts or omissions and for misleading statements that result in lawsuits against the company. There is a variety of Directors and Officers coverage available such as corporate reimbursement coverage, personal liability, and entity coverage. D&O policies may be broadened to include coverage for employment practices liability as well.
To find out more about these, as well as other products and services, call Patriot Insurance Agencies at 704-938-7888 and we’ll help make sure you’re properly covered.
If you have a personal umbrella liability policy, there's generally an exclusion for business-related liability. Make sure you have sufficient auto liability coverage.
Unfortunately for every business owner, the chances of getting sued have dramatically increased in the last decade. General Liability insurance can prevent a legal suit from turning into a financial disaster by providing financial protection in case your business is ever sued or held legally responsible for some injury or damage.
General Liability pays losses arising from real or alleged bodily injury, property damage, or personal injury on your business premises or arising from your operations. The Hartford's liability programs extend far beyond the provisions of typical policies, with broadened coverage and increased limits in over 30 areas.
Broad Range of General Liability Protection
- Bodily Injury, including the cost of care, the loss of services, and the restitution for any death that results from injury
- Property Damage coverage for the physical damage to property of others or the loss of use of that property
- Products-Completed Operations provides liability protection (damages and legal expenses up to your policy's limit) if an injury ever resulted from something your company made or service your company provided
- Products Liability is a more specialized product liability insurance that protects your company against lawsuits from product-related injury or accidents
- Contractual Liability extends to any liability you may assume by entering into a variety of contracts
- Other coverage includes: Reasonable Use of Force; Borrowed Equipment; Liquor Liability; Non-Owned Vehicles (such as aircraft and watercraft); Fire, Lightning or Explosion Damage; Water Damage Liability Protection; Legal Defense Costs; Medical Payments; Personal Injury; Advertising Injury; and specialized liability protection for specific business types